Article ID: KB0065
When using EthoTech Commission Plan, what causes commission records to be created and/or updated in Dynamics GP?
The ‘Creating Commissions’ section of the EthoSeries User Guide explains when commission records are first created.
Commission Plan commission records are first created by the earliest of the following six (6) events:
- Saving a sales document for a document type that has been marked in the Commission Plan Setup window.
- Opening the Commission Plan Entry window for an unsaved or unposted sales document whose document type is marked in the Commission Plan Setup window.
- Posting a sales document.
- Transferring a sales document from a document type not marked in the Commission Plan Setup window to a document type that is marked.
- Running Commission Plan Utilities with the option marked to Create Commissions.
- Using Dynamics GP Integration Manager to create sales transactions in the Dynamics GP SOP module.
Using an interface such as eConnect to integrate back office transactions into Dynamics GP will not activate EthoTech Commission Plan functionality to automatically create commissions. However, once you begin to interact with these integrated Dynamics GP sales documents, EthoTech triggers run to create and/or update commissions. In addition to the information provide in the EthoSeries User Guide, here are some other ways commissions could be updated.
- Saving a sales document that has existing commissions.
- Transferring a sales document that has existing commissions.
- Posting a sales document that has existing commissions.
- Applying a payment to a sales document that has existing commissions.
- Running Commission Plan Utilities with the option marked to Update Existing Commissions or Delete and Recreate Commissions.
- Changing or adding a line item on a sales document using the Dynamics GP Sales Transaction Entry window.
For Companies who use eConnect or other interface type tools to integrate transactions into Dynamics GP, they will typically follow this process to get commission records created in Commission Plan.
- Run the integration to create transactions in Dynamics GP.
- Run Commission Plan Utilities to create commissions for these transactions.
Following the above process gets commissions created immediately. With this being said, we have many customers who choose NOT to run Commission Plan Utilities and just allow their normal interactions with sales data to create and update the commissions.
For information on interfacing directly with the EthoTech commission tables themselves, please refer to the Commission Plan Integration Guide available for download from the EthoTech Document Library at www.ethotech.com/library