Article ID: KB0074
The Process Commissions routine functions as follows:
- Determine all salespeople who may be paid a commission for the Commission Run.
- Get the first salesperson determined in Step 1 and perform the following operations:
- For each commission header (ASI28301) to be processed, update the Commission Status and Commission Run ID.
- Sum the commission amounts from Step 3 to achieve to total amount owed to the salesperson.
- If the amount determined in Step 4 is nonzero, create the appropriate Dynamics GP transaction (i.e. GL Journal Entry, Payables voucher, or GP Payroll transaction) for that amount.
- Create an entry in table ETI28303, recording the salesperson’s commission amount determined in Step 4, along with the Dynamics GP transaction information from Step 5.
- Get the next salesperson determined in Step 1.
- Repeat Steps 3 – 7 until all salespeople have been processed.
- Create a Commission Run summary entry in table ETI28914 for the Commission Run (this is the table that drives the Commission Run Inquiry window).
Process Commissions window