Article ID: KB0067
The following message presents itself when creating a NEW Item or viewing an existing Item in Dynamics GP.
This functionality first appeared in GP 20215 when the ability to assign default commission setups to Salesperson, Customer and Item Classes was added to the Commission Plan product.
Why does this message appear?
When an Item Number is selected that does not have a record in EthoTech table ASI28040, this message appears giving you the ability to default commission information from setup. If you choose Yes and then Save the record, this message will not display again for that particular Item Number. If you select No, then no record will exist in the EthoTech table and thus, when this item is selected again, you will be prompted to default commission information from setup.
To suppress this message, you have 2 options.
- When there are a small number of Item Numbers in the company database.
- This resolution will create a record in EthoTech table ASI28040 for each Item ONE record at a time.
- Whenever an Item is selected that does not contain a record in the EthoTech table, this message will occur. Click Yes and Save the Item to suppress message from showing again.
- Or… you can scroll through each Item Number using the Item Commission Plan Info window, clicking Yes when the message appears, and then Saving the Item.
- When there are a large number of Item Numbers in the company database.
- WARNING: Do NOT use this option if the Commissionable Amounts settings on the Comm Amts tab of the Commission Plan Setup window [Sales Area Page > Setup > Commission Plan > Commission Plan Setup – Comm Amts tab] is set to:
Sale Amount From=Based On Item and/or Cost Amount From=Based On Item.
- These steps will create a record in EthoTech table ASI28040 for ALL Items that do not have one by changing your company-level Commissionable Amounts configuration; after which, an EthoTech utility will be executed to change your configuration back to the original settings.
- Open the Commission Plan Setup window [Sales Area Page > Setup > Commission Plan > Commission Plan Setup]
- Click on the Comm Amts tab. MAKE NOTE of the Sale Amount From and Cost Amount From values. These values are needed in some of the steps below.
- Change the Sale Amount From to BASED ON ITEM and set the Default Item Sale Amt From to what you noted from Step #2 above.
- Click Apply.
- Open the Mass Update Items window
[Sales Area Page > Utilities > Commission Plan > Update Item Commission Plans]
- Check the following box: Update Commissionable Sale Amount From
- Make no other changes to this window.
- Click Process and then click Yes to update all fields with this new data.
- At this point, all Item Numbers have been updated. The message will now be suppressed for all existing Items in the company database. Now, we need to set your configuration back to what it was.
- Close the Mass Update Items window.
- Open the Commission Plan Setup window
[Sales Area Page > Setup > Commission Plan > Commission Plan Setup]
- Click on the Comm Amts tab.
- Change the Sale Amount From to what you noted in Step #2 above.
- Click Apply.
- Your configuration is now set back.
At this point, accessing any existing Item Number will not cause the message to appear. You will, however, receive this message when adding a new Item Number into your company database. Please just click Yes and Save when this message appears for new Items.
If you have any further questions or wish assistance with these steps, please contact us at [email protected] or 678-384-7500 option 2.