Article ID: KB0059
Commission Plan includes the ability to define adjustment types, then select a type when creating a new commission adjustment document:
Using Report Writer, you can add the Adjustment Type to the following Commission Plan reports:
- ASI Commission Report Summary (printed when the Line item detail for each document option is not selected in the Commission Plan Report window)
- ASI Commission Report (printed when the Line item detail for each document and Single Report options are selected in the Commission Plan Report window)
- ETI_CP_SingleSalepersonDetailReport (printed when the Line item detail for each document and One Report Per Salesperson options are selected in the Commission Plan Report window)
This document provides step-by-step instructions for adding the Adjustment Type to the ASI Commission Report – adding this data to the other reports is similar. If you already have modified any of the above reports, make sure to add this data to the previously modified version of the report. Once you’ve completed your modifications, you’ll also need to make sure that Dynamics GP is set up to use the modified version of each report*.
Adding the Adjustment Type to the ASI Commission Report:
- Launch Dynamics GP Report Writer, selecting The EthoSeries as the product.
- Click the Reports button to open the Report Writer window.
- If ASI Commission Report is not listed in the Modified Reports section, select it in the Original Reports section and click the Insert button to move it into the Modified Reports section.
- Select ASI Commission Report in the Modified Reports section and click the Open button to open the Report Definition window.
- Click the Layout button to open the Report Layout window.
- In the Toolbox window, select Calculated Fields from the drop-down, then click the New button to create a new calculated field. In this example, the field Name is AdjustmentType. The Result Type must be set to String, and the Expression Type must be set to Calculated. Click the Functions tab, then select the User-Defined option. Set the Core to Sales, then select Function rw_ETI_CP_GetCommAdjustType and click the Add button:
Click the Fields tab, then set Resources to ASI_SOP_HDR_Comm_TEMP. Select Field SOP Type and click the Add button:
Select Field SOP Number and click the Add button:
Click the OK button to save the calculated field.
- Add the new calculated field to the report. In this example, the field is added to the SPFrom header section - your placement may vary based on other modifications you make to the report. Add the appropriate text to the page header (PH) and report header (RH) sections of the report:
- Close the Report Layout window, choosing Save when prompted to save changes to the report layout.
- Click OK to close the Report Definition window.
- Exit Report Writer and launch Dynamics GP.
- Make sure that Dynamics GP is set up to print the modified version of the ASI Commission Report*.
- Open the Commission Plan Report window and select the Line item detail for each document option and Single Report options.
- Print a report that includes commission adjustments for which an Adjustment Type has been set:
In this example, the Adjustment Type for the commission adjustment is Bonus, while the Adjustment Type for the return is blank. This is expected behavior, as commissions for sales documents have no adjustment type.
* Dynamics GP security, including modified reports, falls outside the scope of this document. Please contact your Microsoft partner if you require assistance with providing access to modified reports.