Article ID: KB0090
Whenever standard reports are modified in Dynamics GP, a modified reports dictionary file gets created. If you wish to backup this file or create multiple versions of it, you will need to know where to find it.
To locate the Commission Plan modified reports dictionary file, you have two options.
- Open Dynamics GP.
- Open the Edit Launch File window
[Administration Area Page > Setup > System > Edit Launch File].
- Click on Product ID = 1006 / Product Name = The EthoSeries (this is the EthoTech code base that contains the Commission Plan product).
- The path to your modified commission report dictionary file shows in the Reports field in the Dictionary Locations section of this window.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to your Dynamics GP folder (i.e. Default Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018).
- Edit the file named DYNAMICS.SET.
- Locate the following entries in the SET file.
NOTE: this shows an example path to these files. Your path(s) may be different.
:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/TAS1006.DIC
:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Data/TAS1006F.DIC
:C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Data/TAS1006R.DIC
- The EthoTech modified commission reports file is named TAS1006R.DIC and in this example, the path to this file location is :C:Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Data/.
NOTE: the TAS1006R.DIC file will only exists if your company modified one of the standard commission reports.