Article ID: KB0068
The following message presents itself when creating a NEW Salesperson or viewing an existing Salesperson record in Dynamics GP.
This functionality first appeared in GP 2015 when the ability to assign default commission setups to Salesperson, Customer and Item Classes was added to the Commission Plan product.
Why does this message appear?
When a Salesperson is selected that does not have a record in EthoTech table ASI28060, this message appears giving you the ability to default commission information from setup. If you choose Yes and then Save the record, this message will not display again for that particular Salesperson. If you select No, then no record will get created in the EthoTech table and thus, when this Salesperson is selected again, you will be prompted to default commission information from setup.
To suppress this message, you have 2 options.
- When there are a small number of Salespeople in the company database.
- This resolution will create a record in EthoTech table ASI28060 for each Salesperson ONE record at a time.
- Whenever a Salesperson is selected that does not contain a record in the EthoTech table, this message will occur. Click Yes and Save the Salesperson to suppress message from showing again.
- Or… you can scroll through each Salesperson using the Salesperson Commission Plan Info window, clicking Yes when the message appears, and then Saving the Salesperson.
- When there are a large number of Salespeople in the company database.
- These steps will create a record in EthoTech table ASI28060 for ALL Salespeople that do not have one.
- Open the Commission Plan Setup window
[Sales Area Page > Setup > Commission Plan > Commission Plan Setup]
- Click on the Processing tab
- Make note of the value in the ‘Enable Commission Processing When’ AND ‘Default Enable Comm Processing When’ fields. Write them down.
- Change the value in the ‘Enable Commission Processing When’ field to ‘Based on Salesperson’ and in the ‘Default Enable Comm Processing When’ field to the value you wrote down in Step #3.
- Click Apply. [Note: this will update the EthoTech Salesperson table]
- Now… change back the value in the ‘Enable Commission Processing When’ field to the value your wrote down in Step #3.
- Click Apply.
- Now, your Commission Plan Setup is back to where we started.
- Close the Commission Plan Setup window
At this point, accessing any existing Salesperson will not cause the message to appear. You will, however, receive this message when adding a new Salesperson into your company database. Please just click Yes and Save when this message appears for new Salespeople.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 678-384-7500 option 2.